Considering a career in photojournalism, already entrenched in one but want to get better (or make fewer gaffes along the way), or just want an inside look at some do’s and don’ts from a pro? Check out the following blog entries from Chicago TribuneÂ standout Alex Garcia: Photo tips you should know before you’re ready to be a pro, and an earlier installment, Not ready for prime-time picture taking. Alex’s motivation: “Most photography tips are about photography, yet most failures and successes are determined by things beyond the actual picture-taking.Â So to give some insight on the process, I’m sharing some photo tip doozies. Some of the tips are based on my own experiences, some on the experiences of others.”
Related or semi-related:
- Assignment Chicago, Alex’s blog, has many words (and images) of wisdom related to photojournalism.
- From this blog: Things never to say to a photojournalist.
- From last week: A growing voice for photojournalists at the Cincinnati Enquirer.
- Follow Alex Garcia on Twitter.
- Follow Ron Reason News Design on Twitter.
- Ron Reason News Design on Facebook.